The photo to the left shows the final step to
dicing the carrots.
1. Line the carrot lengths up from the
previous step, along side and on top.
2. Then you hold the lengths from your
object holding hand. Hold as
described in our first photo lesson.
3. Start from the oposite end of the object
holding hand & begin your cutting.
To the right we will begin working
1. Using a smaller knife such as a pairing
knife, cut close to the root end
2. Then, remove the outer peel off the
3. With a small knife, cut out a V shape
where the root is. This will help
Pictured to the left is an onion that has been cut
1. Positiion the root end that you trimmed earlier
facing up or down but not on the side.
2. Run your knife straighte down the middle of
Notice: Take note of the position of the left
hand. This is a clear picture of that
"product holding" position, as
described in the begginning of this
Preparing the onion for common cuts,
such as julienne, diced, minced.
1. Take 1/2 of the onion and place the flat side
on your cuttig board.
2. Place your "product holding" hand on top
of the onion. This is a crucial step
to preventing your fingers getting
3. Take your knife and run the blade through
the center of the onion about 98%