- Stocks Overview
- Reasons You Should Make Your Own Stock
- Types of Stock
- Components of a Stock
- Process for Making a Stock
- Other Stock Stuff
- Stock Recipes
- Soups Overview
- Types of Soups
- Making Soups
- Soups of the World
- Thickening Soup
- Soup Recipes
About the Stocks & Soups Course
Soups and stocks bring warm thoughts, not because they are hot and tasty in a chilly time of year, not because of the homey comfort feel that comes along with eating a soup or stock; soups derived from stocks bring warm thoughts because of both of these facts plus more. Soups, when made from homemade stocks, are a place of not only comfort and warmth, they are a source of utilizing repurposed foods and saving money. They are a place where the chef can use his or her creativity. In the professional chef's world, making soups is a way of reducing the cost of food while showcasing the chef's talent by not foretelling that soups are made with repurposed foods.
- 10 Topics
- Taught by a Certified Executive Chef with over 30 years of experience.
- Immediate access after purchase. No waiting until a certain date.
- Access from any device, anywhere, anytime
Stocks & Soups Course Curricullum
Meet Your Teacher
Michael Davis is the founder of The Chef's Cooking School, Chef Thymes, Coaches Corner and the Chefs Diet. He has spent over 30 years as a Certified Executive Chef, working at Creative Gourmet, Tanglewood, Boston's Museum of Science, Eagle Rock Resort, Private Golf Clubs, Corporate Industry, Hospitals and Massachusetts Medical Society providing the finest foods presented creatively. He has been developing content from a passion of wanting to share and teach others about food and cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Chefs Cooking School?
- The Chefs Cooking School is an online culinary school that teaches professional chefs, employees, and home chefs how to run a kitchen and produce high-end from-scratch meals. The Chefs Cooking School delivers a professional culinary curriculum via self-paced online classes, making professional culinary instruction more accessible and affordable to both individuals and organizations.
- Once I purchase the course, how soon can I access the material?
- Your course is delivered 100% online and available on-demand 24/7 from any internet enabled device. The course is self-paced, meaning there are no specific dates to begin, to submit assignments or attend class at any particular time.
- Does this course qualify me for a job in the food and beverage industry?
- We do not claim that this course, or a course from any school for that matter, will guarantee employment or a particular position. This is because many factors go into an employer's hiring decision. What we do claim is that this course is a high quality, in-depth training created by a Certified Executive Chef with over 30 years of experience.