Reading a Recipe
Note from the Chef:
It takes time to be comfortable with the different basic cooking processes, and techniques. Practice them, it will be worth it.
When you are comfortable with the processes involved with this, cooking comes down to gathering the ingredients, and doing your preparations and taking it to the stove,oven or grill. Simple!!
The more comfortable or confident you are the quicker it will be to achieve the results you
want with your recipe.
5 Simple Steps to the recipe process that will facilitate the execution of your recipe:
1. Read through the recipe to see what items you may need to put on your grocery
list. To identify any processes or preparations that you may be unfamiliar with.
2. Ingredients – once you have all of the ingredients that you need to execute the
recipe, understanding them. There may be none, however their may be special ways to handle the ingredient.
3. Measure – Gaining a general understanding of measurements is a step in
4. Process – familiarization of the different cooking techniques and what is
important in executing them.
5. Having your items ready – Simply put, being ready with these steps, and having
your items ready to start.