Teryaki Flavored, great snack
Want more recipes like this?Sign up for Chef Thymes!
- 4 cloves garlic minced, 4 Tbsp
- 2 tbsp ginger fresh, peeled, small cut
- 1 cup brown sugar dark
- 2 oz worcershire sauce
- 1 tbsp black pepper table grind
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed or concentrate
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2.75 lb beef sliced 1/8 to 1/4 in, have your butcher slice or slice on a slicer. This recipe used ribeye, but you could use flap meat, flank steak or eye round as well
- 12 oz soy sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients
- In a large bowl, separate slices of meat and make sure marinade spreads among slices evenly. Take the meat and remaining marinade and place in a ziploc bag large enough to hold all.
- Marinate for minimum 4 hours, ideally 24 hours is best
- Drain meat, lay on roasting rack. Let dry 4-6 hours under refrigeration or pat dry with a paper towel until completely dry.
- Once dry, cook on roasting grates at 175 degrees for 1 hour if you have a convection oven or 2 if you do not. You are removing the moisture from the meat, this is the goal. The time you cook it should be determined by when the product reaches a dry jerky consistency. It should be chewy, not brittle or charred. The thicker your meat, the longer it will take.
Amount Per Serving (2 0z)
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g38%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 6IU0%
Vitamin C 3mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.