Another mother sauce using dairy. The cream sauce is the basis used for cheese sauces and other sauces
Want more recipes like this?Sign up for Chef Thymes!
- 16 oz Milk heat slowly (never boil milk)
- 16 oz Light Cream, 1/2 and 1/2 or Heavy Cream heat slowly
- 1 each Onion cut in 1/2 and pierced with cloves, this is called a onion cloute (use one half only)
- ½ tsp Salt to taste
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 5 oz Roux
- Thicken dairy with a roux, whisk or use immersion blender season and remove onion cloute,
Amount Per Serving
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 16g100%
Vitamin A 889IU18%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Sign up for Chef Thymes Today
The Chefs Resources Page
The Chefs Resources is a place for you to quickly pick up items that are recommended as great tools in the kitchen. This is also a place that will offer suggestions for books and resources to aid you in your culinary adventures.