Variations: 3oz. reduced wine vinegar, 1 T. shallots, 1 1/4 cups espagnole sauce, 2 T. tomato puree, 1 T. worcershire sauce,cayenne pepper, strain = diablo sauce
Want more recipes like this?Sign up for Chef Thymes!
- 1/2 gallon veal stock
- 4.5 oz. blond roux
- 6 oz. diced bacon
- 11 oz. diced mirepoix carrot, celery, onion
- 1/2 tsp. thyme 2 bay leaves parsley stems up to 1/2
- 8 oz. tomato puree
- brown bacon, and diced mirepoix,
- heat veal stock and thicken with roux,
- Add hot thickened stock to bacon and mirepoix.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, reduce by 1/2
Variations: 3oz. reduced wine vinegar, 1 T. shallots, 1 1/4 cups Espagnole sauce, 2 T. tomato puree, 1 T. Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, strain = diablo sauce
Sign up for Chef Thymes Today
The Chefs Resources Page
The Chefs Resources is a place for you to quickly pick up items that are recommended as great tools in the kitchen. This is also a place that will offer suggestions for books and resources to aid you in your culinary adventures.