This is classic bread stuffing with the addition of chestnuts
Want more recipes like this?Sign up for Chef Thymes!
- 1 lb. cubed bread toast in oven at 250 for 15 - 20 minutes until dry and toasty
- 2 each celery stalks small dice
- 1 each onion, small small dice
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 4 oz butter
- tt Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock/turkey
- 1 cup chestnuts, prepared, chopped fine see chestnuts feature
- In skillet melt butter and sautee onions and celery until tenderAdd toasted bread cubes, toss togetherAdd slowly chicken stock until desired consistency. (some like “flaky” stuffing utilizing less stock, some like it more densely moist., go with your preference)Bake in a casserole dish at 350 for 30 – 40 minutes
Sign up for Chef Thymes Today
The Chefs Resources Page
The Chefs Resources is a place for you to quickly pick up items that are recommended as great tools in the kitchen. This is also a place that will offer suggestions for books and resources to aid you in your culinary adventures.